HiPP’s sustainability guidelines
The scale of our daily business
HiPP has long been involved with sustainability management. We have attained many goals – including organic production, CO2-neutral production, exemplary calculation of the CO2 footprint for products, comprehensive recycling, reduction in energy use and the use of resources like electricity, water, waste, heating, measures for biodiversity and on CSR – and in 2009 compiled in a systematic sustainability management system. The environmental guidelines that we formulated in 1995 for the continual improvement of the company’s environmental protection have been expanded to include sustainability guidelines.
- By using environmentally-friendly technology, HiPP minimises damage.
- We continuously monitor, document and assess the environmental impact of the company. Possible improvements are implemented within economically acceptable parameters.
- We aim to keep the environmental burden from new tasks, products and techniques to a minimum. We therefore always assess the potential environmental impact beforehand.
- It is our goal to spare resources. With this in mind, we give priority to renewable resources over finite ones.
- As the largest processor of ecologically produced raw materials worldwide, we are committed to continually increasing the amount of raw materials used.
- For packaging planning, we stipulate that the amount of materials used should be kept to a minimum, that a maximum possible percentage of secondary and recyclable materials be used, and we encourage alternatives such as deposit and return systems.
- Environmental protection can only work in a company if the employees participate. This is why we encourage the sustainability awareness of our employees through the provision of information, training and regular reminders.
- We continually inform customers of how HiPP products can be used in an environmentally-friendly way.
- We take public opinion very seriously. We regularly provide information about environmental protection projects and make a special effort to respond to feedback from the public where possible.
- We are in constant contact with authorities in order to avoid or reduce our environmental impact.
- With our comprehensive fault management system, we minimise the risk of accidents and any harmful effects on people or the environment.
- Control systems ensure that our environmental goals are attained, and we always strive to check new information and, if need be, to alter our goals.
- At HiPP, observance of human rights goes without saying, as does the prohibition of child and forced labour, discrimination, corporal punishment, coercion and corruption.
- Education and/or union membership is expressly allowed at HiPP. Remuneration, overtime and social benefits comply with legal or scaled minimum standards in order to secure the basic needs and freely accessible income of employees.
- We guarantee at least the respective national, legal requirements for work safety, environmental and health protection, and support a continuous improvement of working conditions.
- HiPP as a company supports the protection of biodiversity and the creation of a sustainable future that is worth living in.
- Suppliers and service providers are also obliged to keep to the guidelines in our direct sphere of influence, as well as in the pre- and post-supply chains (e.g. pre-suppliers, logisticians, disposal firms).